Got a business? Good. Now think about how you’ll reach the inbox of your current and future users and get them to engage, like you and of course buy your products.
New products, ideas, promotions, engage, tell a little bit about how it all started, ask for feedback, ideas, which product do you like best, or just say hello. Email Newsletters are the best way to go about it! Don’t take our word for it: 4 out of 5 marketers said they’d rather give up social media than email marketing. (Litmus, 2020) So the question then is How To Create Marketing Emails That Engage Your Audience And Get Results
Let me break it to you: every other business is trying to do the same and most emails will be deleted instantly or go unnoticed, so you need more than amazing content for people to actually want to read what you’ve got to say, and engage and maybe, even look forward to your emails. You need a well-thought-out design and an enticing layout that makes the email interesting, fun, and easy to follow. These are the secret ingredients that will ensure your customers will enjoy your content and keep coming back for more.
Since Email marketing is such a powerful tool, “99% of email users check their inbox every day, with some checking 20 times a day. Of those people, 58% of consumers check their email first thing in the morning.” (OptinMonster, 2020), it’s also a battlefield for the customer’s attention, which makes it even more necessary for your templates to be memorable and outstanding.
Here we will tell you how to design amazing newsletters that will keep your audience coming back for more!
1. Have a clear idea of the brand identity (& flaunt it): Even though brand perception is often subjective, your brand identity is the presentation of your brand personality: the color scheme, logo, shapes, typography, packaging, tone of voice, etc. Basically, what the audience will receive, and has to remain consistent across all the platforms used, especially on email marketing, which allows you to build long-lasting relationships and provide your audience with valuable information about your brand.
2. Know the Buyer Persona: This will allow you to have a clear understanding of who is the person that is and will be buying your product and how are they navigating through the buying journey. It will also help you deliver value at each stage of their customer journey.
3. Tell a story: The fact is that telling a story makes information much more memorable and it will make you sell more. Brands like Disney and Coca-Cola have been using this tool for a long time now, and for a good reason: it generates emotion and creates a connection with the brand. Make sure the story you want to tell will be transmitted visually as well.
4. Stay consistent: This will train your audience’s eye to identify the brand and the type of content they are opening, with time if you continue to provide relevant, quality content in a timely manner, your audience will look forward to receiving your emails and engage.
5. Keep images light: You want your emails to load as fast as possible so that no one clicks away from them.
6. Remember the importance of a good header and footer. These two will appear on every email sent and are key design elements that will make the audience recognize your brand. The header should clearly display the brand logo and personality and the footer should provide all the relevant information our audience will be expecting to find there such as social media links, FAQ, etc.
7. Keep mobile users in mind: If your emails are only optimized for desktop use only you might be losing 50% of your audience. “59% of Millennials primarily use their smartphone to check email, while 67% of Generation Z scans their inbox on mobile.” (Bluecore, 2021).
8. Use more GIFs: They are FUN and help to bind the message without making the email super long.
There’s no magic formula for email marketing but we sure can learn a lot from putting things into practice and thinking outside the box.
So now that (hopefully) you have a better understanding of how to improve the approach to your clients through email strategies and execution, I encourage you to try these tips and see the results speak for themselves!