1. Popups help leave a trace: When a person lands on your website first, they may not necessarily be looking to make a purchase immediately. Given the short attention span and the ever-distracting nature of the internet, they might even quickly close the browser, before taking any action on the website and may never return! Popups help you make sure that everyone who lands on your website leaves a trace for you to follow up on!
2. Popups make sense of marketing spends
Popups help make sense of all the marketing dollars you spend on acquiring that customer. When you advertise, no matter what your goal is, it all starts with getting the customer on the website. Once they leave the site, all that spend comes to nothing.
3. Popups help you get first-party data when third-party data is increasingly hard to get: With the ever-changing rules and laws about companies collecting third party data, it’s more important than ever to own the sources of information about a customer.
4. Popups can help personalize the website and subsequent communication: Popups help you not only get customer emails but a lot more about the customer’s preferences, their profiles and other details that can help stores customize the content presented on the website as well as send tailored email communications.
More often than not, eCommerce stores don’t actually have a popup (or a Welcome Flow) when they start working with us, or they have one, but a very basic one and not on-brand. So our first task is always to create an appealing popup or a signup form that will get them started to boost their subscribers’ list. In order to do this, we do a deep dive on each brand’s audience and create the maximum-impact strategy.
Once the first pop-up is done, the work doesn’t stop there. We continue to monitor the pop-up metrics and A/B test in order to optimize the sign-up form and continue to improve submit rate results and increase email and/or SMS collection
A brand is in constant evolution. Image changes, new products, new collections, they all change the dynamic between you and your subscribers. Your popup should reflect your brand always, so it is important to keep it up to date.
We test the copy, design, offer, and/or pop-up behavior on a regular basis. No matter which version wins, we will always learn something new.
Check the before and afters of some of our client store pop-ups!
- Natural fabric Shorts Store
- Meat products store
- Interior decor accessories store
- Customized Art Store
– Since this is the first direct communication from a brand that’s probably unknown to the subscriber, present a bit of an introduction which could include a short description of what you do, your purpose, your values.
– A ‘Thank You’: many brands overlook this but it’s important to show gratitude to the subscriber for signing up for the email list and starting a relationship with the store.
– Design on-brand emails so they can associate your email with your brand right away. This sets the tone for the rest of your email communications.
– Achieving a correct text-to-image ratio.
– Strong calls-to-action that will redirect your new leads to place their first order, but not go overboard with the sales pitch.
The 8 stores were evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Popup submit rate
- Popup submit rate % above the Klaviyo benchmark
- Signs-up increase afterpopups set up by us
- Welcome Flow revenue increase after Hustler’s pop-ups
- Email revenue before and after Hustler Marketing
average submit rate (80% above the Klaviyo benchmark)
Between the 8 stores, the average submit rate is 5.3%, which is 80% higher than the average Klaviyo pop-up submit rate (2.92%).
After a user subscribes to an email/SMS list, the first thing they get is their first welcome series email. Welcome Flows are one of the best performing email flows a brand can set up. However, their performance depends greatly on the leads it’s fed by the live pop-ups of the brand.
In order to measure the real impact of our popups and its new leads in a store’s revenue, we looked at these store’s welcome flow revenue 3 months before and 3 months after our pop-up was set live. For the 8 stores analyzed for this case study, the stores’ Welcome Flow attributed revenue grew by an average of 1,563% within 3 months.
Turn Me Royal, a portrait selling brand, was the store that saw the highest increase in their Welcome Flow revenue after setting live their optimized pop-up with a positive difference of 6,798%.
Are you ready to take your email and/or SMS list to the next level?
We are the retention marketing partner for you.