Welcome to the world of email nurture campaigns! These are powerful tools in the marketing world, giving brands the chance to build a strong and personal connection with their customers. This type of non-promotional email is crucial for brands that want to differentiate themselves and provide a remarkable customer experience.
In this blog post, we will explain what nurture campaigns are and highlight their significance in today’s marketing landscape. Additionally, we’ll showcase four real-life examples of successful nurture campaigns to inspire you to start nurturing your email list and enhancing your email results.
What are Email Nurture Campaigns?
Email nurture campaigns are a type of non-promotional email communication with the primary goal of providing value to the recipient. Specifically, these emails aim to educate, entertain or nurture the relationship with the recipient rather than directly selling the brand’s product. The content of these emails can include tips & tricks, gift guides, how-to’s, repurposed blog posts, customer stories, etc.
Nurture campaigns are essential for brands that want to enhance the customer experience, increase engagement, and strengthen the loyalty of their subscribers. After all, when customers receive educational or entertaining content over time, they will begin to associate the brand with the type of content they enjoy consuming. Moreover, relying solely on salesy and promotional emails can lead to low engagement and low performance.
Therefore, email nurture campaigns are an important part of a brand’s overall communication strategy, and play a crucial role in maintaining a long-term, thriving relationship with its customers.
4 Examples of Nurture Campaigns
Contrary to what many may think, nurture campaigns can actually bring significant revenue to e-commerce stores. The key to success is sending emails that subscribers are eager to open and read. This increased engagement will ultimately lead to conversions.
At Hustler Marketing, we understand the importance of having a balanced and effective marketing strategy. Accordingly, we create content strategies that include both promotional and nurture campaigns for our clients. Here are four of our best nurture campaigns that prove the power of non-promotional emails.
1. Share tips tailored to your audience and its interests
This e-commerce brand specializes in decor products that embody spiritual, mindful, and modern living. In this nurture email campaign, the brand shares 5 tips on how to incorporate mindfulness into daily life. In the end, the brand presents its products as an extra suggestion for creating the perfect space to start this journey.
The brand and marketing team recognized their audience’s interests and positioned themselves as experts, providing valuable guidance through these tips. The results speak for themselves: the subscribers found value in this email, leading to a click rate of 1.1% and over $9.9k in revenue for the store without the use of promotions or sales tactics. A great performance indeed!
2. Address subscriber pain points through education on product benefits
In this email campaign, the snack brand recognizes a common problem faced by its audience. Subsequently, it uses it as a hook to present its products in a creative and engaging manner. The email is concise yet impactful, resulting in a click rate of 1.8% and a conversion rate of 0.5%. This performance significantly surpasses the Klaviyo benchmark of 0.17% for food e-Commerce stores, exceeding the average placed order rate by a staggering 294%.
3. Strengthen loyalty with exclusive content
This baby apparel brand fosters customer engagement and loyalty by sending sneak peeks to keep their subscribers eagerly anticipating what’s next.
According to a study, including only one call-to-action (CTA) in an email increases clicks by 371% and sales by 1617%. Thereupon, this email, has only one call-to-action. It directs subscribers to the brand’s Facebook VIP Group rather than the website. Still, their audience is already so accustomed to this format that they visit Facebook, discover the latest launch, and then place an order.
To say that this email performed well is an understatement. It achieved a click rate of 1.12% and generated over $5,000 in revenue.
4. Connect with your audience through shared values
This supplement e-commerce store prioritizes health, self-love and well-being in its marketing strategy. As a result, events such as Cancer Prevention Month are the perfect opportunity to share valuable information aligned with their audience’s interests and the brand’s values.
Although the email did not directly promote any products, it still generated a revenue of $5k for the store.
Key Components of Effective Email Nurture Campaigns
A successful email nurture campaign requires careful consideration of several key components. These include:
- Clearly Defined Goals: It’s essential to have a clear understanding of what you want to achieve with your nurture campaign. This could be building brand awareness, increasing engagement, connecting with your customers, fostering loyalty, educating, etc.
- Smart Segmentation: Segment your email list into targeted groups. This will ensure that your messages are relevant and tailored to your audience’s interests and needs.
- Engaging Content and Clear Messaging: Your emails should be visually appealing, easy to understand, and provide value to your customers. Putting your customers first to tailor the content to their interests is essential. For more tips, check our article on Email Content Best Practices: What makes content good? With insights from our very own Design Lead and Senior Copywriter!
- Results Analysis: After you send your campaign, make sure to analyze its performance to gather insights. This will help improve your strategies in future campaigns.
- Testing and Optimization: Based on the performance of your campaigns, A/B test different elements to determine what works best for your audience.
Undeniably, email nurture campaigns are a valuable asset for any brand that wants to build a loyal following and establish a strong connection with its customers. From providing tips tailored to your audience’s interests to connecting with your audience through shared values, the possibilities are endless.
Are you ready to start unlocking the full potential of nurture campaigns?