It’s been 49 years since Ray Tomlinson sent the first-ever email. Over the past 49 years, email has evolved into one of the most cost-effective forms of advertising and direct marketing in general because it is an amazing tool to monitor and react to consumer behavior in a way that was never previously possible.
Email marketing is effective in building relationships with the customers, driving leads and sales, and maximizing the profitability of your business. With an average ROI of 38x of the initial investment, email marketing is one of the best investments you can make for your marketing strategy.
There is a lot that goes into creating and implementing an effective email marketing strategy and it requires a lot of time and attention to deliver great results. As a result, hiring the best email marketing agency can be a great opportunity to help grow your business and generate more revenue.
In this article, you will find some of the most important considerations to keep in mind when you are planning to hire an email marketing agency:
1. The agency performs a complete digital marketing audit: It’s very important that the agency you are hiring does a complete analysis of your industry and needs so they can create a marketing strategy based on real data that will generate results. They should also spend time analyzing your business, reviewing your existing email campaigns, if any, and offering relevant insights, and offering a customized plan for your business and its objectives.
2. The agency has a team of experts: Having access to a team of experts in multiple areas like digital marketing, e-commerce, copywriting, and design will deliver a complete and effective email marketing strategy.
3. Strategic Plan: Every client is unique and so the strategy to their success needs to be unique as well. That’s why it is very important that the agency creates a short and long term plan that will drive success now and in the future.
4. The agency offers basic and advanced Email Flows: It’s very important that the agency has the ability to analyze customer behavior and set up automated email sequences to target those behaviors and generate revenue. Some of the most important flows to design are Welcome Flow, Cart Abandonment Flow, Add to Cart Flow, and Browse Abandonment Flow.
5. The agency has shown results in the niches you operate in
When considering an email agency, do ask for their experience and results-driven for businesses or industries similar to yours. Many agencies can boast of high performance, but may not be relevant in your industry. Feel free to ask for testimonials and references from their existing clients.
6. The agency has the best tools for Email Marketing
It is very important to check the tools the agency is using to develop your email marketing strategy. First, check the platform/software they are using since there are so many available on the market. One of the best ones and the one we recommend is Klaviyo, a growth marketing platform that helps you deliver more personalized experiences across owned marketing channels like email, SMS, in-app notifications, and web. Additionally, Klaviyo also offers a great dashboard to keep track of all your important data that will help you improve your strategy and overall performance. Here’s more on all the Klaviyo features that help an e-commerce business.
7. The agency offers comprehensive Reporting: Reporting is crucial to success. Every agency has a different frequency and format for reporting, but it’s important that the reports are customized to whatever goal you are trying to achieve. You should also know how the agency will measure success and what metrics you want them to use to prove campaigns are performing well.
8.List-Size Growth: A good email marketing agency will assist your business in growing your contact list by creating email signup forms.
9. Translators: This is a huge plus when you need to send emails in different languages.
It is important to consider if the agency you are looking for has translators available in case you are considering expanding your business to different markets.
10. Working hours and ease of working
Last but not least: Other than expertise and the right tools, it’s also important that your agency is responsive, easy to work with, and is available at the right time. Make sure your agency has a representative that is available to chat or respond to emails at a time you prefer. Also, check what tools or platforms they use for communication and project management. We at Hustler for example use Asana for project management where we list, track and update all the tasks related to your project and use Slack and Zoom for communication which makes it really simple and quick to stay in touch with our clients and offer them full transparency on their projects.
Before you choose the right agency for your business, make sure you know what you want from them in terms of marketing experience, agency size, and price. Then, it’s up to the agency to prove they are the best fit for your business goals.
Hustler Marketing is a great option for your business. We have a lot of experience creating effective email marketing campaigns and overall strategies for different industries, and our company knows how to create campaigns that keep your audience engaged. We are focused on driving success and results for all of our clients.
If you are ready to start creating email campaigns that drive conversions, book a free email marketing audit call with our experts today to get a health-check on your email strategy, and a customised plan that delivers.